Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bedroom makeover!!

In December of last year, I set out to find a new comforter/bedding set for our bed.  I got in way over my head and I think I lost half of my hair and returned quite a few sets, but I finally found a set that I liked and that was in our price range.  I used that as a starting point to give our bedroom a makeover.  We were still using a comforter that was Jesse's when he moved out of his parents' house and everything in the room was tan or some form of tan and felt so manly.  I wanted to dress it up a bit. And I must say, I am very happy with the results (as is the hubs). And I am also quite certain that one can redo just about any room in your house just by shopping at Hobby Lobby.  It is the BEST store on this planet.  Here are a couple before shots...after the new bedding, but before new decor:



 And here are the after shots:


Over the bed decor - all from Hobby Lobby

Turquoise curtains from Hobby Lobby

jewelry rack

My favorite piece! Jewelry rack from Hobby Lobby.  It was even half off :)



Gass vase from TJ Maxx

Close-up of fabric

Pillows: Turquoise chevron cover from The Hob, other 2 are from TJ Maxx.



 Almost everything you see was purchase at Hobby Lobby, one of my most favorite stores.  The bedding came from Sears, the blue glass vase from TJ Maxx and the turquoise spray inside it from The Square Nest, a local shop in Morton.  The only thing left to add is a swag over the window that I made using leftover fabric from the frames above the headboard. (No added expense!) I also would like to recover the lampshades with the royal blue fabric I used in the frames, but I haven't been back to The Hob for that.  It will probably cost another $10.  Still, a lot cheaper than buying new lampshades!

Total expenses were $146.50, and I even sold our old curtains and pillows for $18, so really the total is $128.50.  Not too shabby for what feels like a complete makeover to me!  Happy Hobby Lobby-ing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment